A software provider to the world’s Forex trading industry, Gold-i has won multiple industry awards in its 12 years of operation and continues to expand into new regions and markets. Gold-i attracts some of the most prestigious brokers across the globe by offering solutions to address key business needs such as reducing trading risks, increasing profitability, increasing customer retention and differentiation.
Working with the rest of the Development team, you will be expected to assist in the delivery of complete end-to-end projects, which includes design, documentation, implementation and unit testing.
You will collaborate with the Software Development Team Lead, Development Team and Quality Assurance teams to ensure the operability, usability and robustness of the software, and also to ascertain that it is to the highest quality.
- Design and implement new feature sets and enhancements.
- Resolve reported bugs from QA, Support and Clients in a timely manner.
- Help document any major changesets.
- Updating and creating internal and external documentation.
- Attend project meetings.
- Coordinate with the Support and QA teams on a regular basis.
- Assist in the investigation and analysis of support and production issues.
- Assist in the maintenance and streamlining of current code.
Skills and Requirements
- Have at least 1 year’s experience working as a software developer.
- Have experience of object-oriented programming using C#/C++ or Java.
- Have a good understanding of distributed software systems.
- Have a strong analytical mind and excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to break down a problem, ask relevant questions and design a solution which meets all requirements.
- Have a keen desire to learn and the ability to absorb and maintain knowledge.
- Be self-motivated with a flexible, can-do attitude.
- Enjoy and work well under pressure and meet project time scales.
- Be organised and meticulous, with the ability to manage your own workload and multitask.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
You will ideally:
- Have experience in Frontend UI development using Angular/React or WPF.
- Have a good working knowledge of MySQL or MSSQL.
- Have experience working with WCF, ReST APIs and Websockets.
- Have an understanding of Multithreading and Async programming.
- Have experience of working with messaging queues like RabbitMQ.
- Have a strong understanding of design patterns and the software development lifecycle.
- Have a good understanding of issue tracking software and Microsoft/Windows operating systems.
- Have a basic understanding of financial trading or financial markets.
Hours: Full-time, 9am – 5.30pm (flexible)
Location: Surrey Research Park, Guildford
Salary and Benefits: Details available upon application